Welcome to the World of Aspie Mum

A mild-mannered copywriter by day, in my evenings I transform into amazing Aspie Mum.

Read on for tales of my DS (the 'Monkey') and plenty of Asperger Syndrome/ ASD news, link and more!

Sunday 25 March 2007

Funding Trap - Part 2

One strongly worded complaint to Cornwall County Council along with a plea for help to our MP, Julia Goldsworthy, later and we seem to be getting somewhere. I have now had a call from Children with Disabilities to say that they will be keeping Monkey's transport running until the dispute finds resolution with 'senior management'.

At least something is happening - but I can't stop Talking Heads' track "Road to Nowhere" from playing in my head.

Since my complaint went in, I've looked at the Aspergers/ADHD policy for Cornwall which says that any diagnosis in that range MUST be dealt with by Children, Young People and Families....not sure why it's gone back to Children With Disabilities. One of my demands has been a black and white policy and carrying through of this policy...so why go against it in resolving this problem? There's obviously been a major cock-up in dealing with this problem -so why make it worse by going against policy until they can resolve it?

Has anyone reading this had this problem? If so, what happened? I'd love to hear stories...stories keep me going in times like this! Plus, precedents are always helpful!!

I'm going to do my best not to think about it....will just let David Byrne serenade me I think for now.

No comments: